Study Abroad Tips, Tricks and Experiences

Pages

Sunday 18 March 2018

It's Normal To Not Miss Home

Since moving to the US as a part of study abroad, how I originally thought I would feel emotionally prior to leaving is not how I’ve found myself to be feeling. I originally thought that I would be missing home and all of my friends and family of whom I had left behind for this set time period, however as bad as it may sound, I haven’t missed home nor the life I had there. If were being honest, I feel as though I am living two completely different lives. Now, I’m not sure if it’s because of the cultural differences or just the new group of people I have immersed myself with, but I have found myself to have grown in confidence, become happier than I thought I originally could be, as well as going out of my comfort zone.


I’m not saying that when you start your adventure when studying abroad that you’re going to be the same as me; I am saying that if you find yourself like me and aren’t missing home or the life you left behind, then just know that it’s normal and you’re not the only one.





No comments:

Post a Comment