Study Abroad Tips, Tricks and Experiences

Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

Update: Three Months In

I’ve been here at App State for three months now; only two months left, unfortunately so. Since moving here for my semester abroad, I originally arrived with an open mind, no expectations and no pre-planned ideas of how I wanted my time here to play out. I can safely say that this has been everything and more than I could’ve possibly imagined it to be. In all honesty, I don't want to come home. Of course, I miss my friends and family but I have also made friends here and surprisingly met a guy, all of whom I am going to miss when I do return home.

The months I have left here are slowly slipping away and my mood has been impacted by this recently. If you do decide to study abroad, although it most likely will be an amazing and incredible time away for you, just prepare yourself for the crash at the end where reality hits you in the face, and you’re left with the realization that you can’t stay forever. Sorry to sound slightly dramatic, blunt and pessimistic, but it’s true.


Of course, this won’t be the end of the world. It sucks and isn’t ideal but I am positive that the friends I have made here are ones that I will stay in touch with them for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment